This website is a resource and the Happy Hormone Cottage itself is an inviting center for women to get information and education on natural hormone balance. We offer the step-by-step process for women to get tested, get treated and get better. Consultations are available by appointment only. Women who live in our area can schedule a personal consultation at any of our consultation offices or schedule a phone consultation, if preferred. For women who live farther away, phone consultations are available by appointment.
For a consultation-in person or by phone- for one of our Happy Hormone Cottage locations, please call 513-444-6343 or 859-360-6696 (Kentucky office).
For a consultation-in person or by phone- for Mason, please call 513-444-6343.
For a consultation-in person or by phone- for Vandalia, please call 513-444-6343.
Happy Hormone Cottage’s Step-by-Step Plan
for Natural Hormone Balance
- Understand the importance of hormone balance. Contact consultant at one of our locations to gather information about customized hormone therapy. If you live in the Cincinnati-Dayton-Northern Kentucky area, attend one of our events, such as a Happy Hormone Hour, to talk with other women and meet with our consultants.
- Schedule a consultation which includes a comprehensive review of patient symptoms; medical, personal, and family history; a discussion of the importance of hormone balance and the role it plays in a healthy body; and the benefits of different testing options. A practitioner referral will be provided for you to see our in-house nurse practitioner.
- Purchase a test kit in our online store or at one of our consultation locations. The testing kit fee is included with purchase of our testing kits. Insurance reimbursement has been high because urine testing is an accepted means of checking hormone levels. If you want to check with your insurance company regarding reimbursement for hormone testing, click here for Precision Analytical (urine testing). You will receive a receipt with your test kit purchase.
- Follow the instructions in the testing kit (urine test video) and send to lab in the envelope provided. Please put 2 stamps ($1.12) on the envelope and mail it to the lab.
- The lab will fax your results to us. We will mail you a copy, as our pharmacists work to craft a natural hormone balance strategy customized for you for your optimal hormone balance. If you would like to submit your testing kit for reimbursement by your insurance provider, keep your receipt and click here for Precision Analytical prescription form. Check to indicate the test purchased, have your practitioner sign the prescription form, and send these to your insurance provider, along with the receipt for the kit.
- For best success, we prefer you see our in-house nurse practitioner. She will go over your tests results, discuss options with you, answer your questions and write a recommendation for your individualized compounded therapy. Call us when you complete your test kit and we will schedule an appointment for you to see her three weeks after you mail your kit to the lab.
- For those who go to their own doctor there is a $75 enrollment fee to send lab results and therapy recommendations outside our practice. We will call for your appointment date (no sooner than 3 weeks after mailing test kit to the lab) so we can fax your test results and our recommendation to your doctor for your appointment with him/her. These recommendations are based on input from our pharmacist, whose sole responsibility is developing the doctor-patient-pharmacy triad. The doctor will then fax the signed prescription to The Piqua Compounding Pharmacy* at 937-773-0643.
- Our Piqua Compounding Pharmacy and Compounding Lab* will compound your natural hormones. Compounded hormones are billable to some insurance companies* under 2 tier (brand) co-pay or 3 tier (non-formulary) co-pay. If not accepted by insurance, each prescription cash prices average $30—$45 depending on the amount of supplementation needed. Many times the cash price is less than the co-pay price. If you receive letters or forms from your insurance company regarding your compounded prescription, please contact us for assistance.
* some insurance exclusion does apply
- The Piqua Compounding Pharmacy* will contact you when your prescription is ready to arrange pickup or delivery to your home. We will provide a second free consultation to discuss test results, review medication use/application, follow-up policy and procedures, reorder guidelines, and answer questions. For your convenience, we offer online prescription refill ordering.
- Use your natural hormones as directed, keep a journal of your symptoms, and stay in touch with our patient consultants. Questions or concerns can be directed to email@example.com.
- Take advantage of all that our website and mobile app offer. Check out our innovative Thyroid Health section, Lyn’s blogs and newsletters, our testimonial section from our satisfied clients, and our online store, where you can also order Lyn’s new book, “Own Your Journey.”
- Congratulations! This is your first step to WELLNESS as you are on the road to your best health naturally. What you place your attention on determines the quality of your life. We will be with you to support you on your journey. Our passion is our relationship with you as you are on your journey to optimal hormone balance.
*Why is the PIQUA Compounding Pharmacy THE place to get your hormone prescriptions compounded?
The Happy Hormone Cottage works exclusively with The PIQUA Compounding Pharmacy. We are known for the support we provide for the men and women who trust us with their most important possession- their health. Not only do we provide consultation services-both in person and on the phone-but we also encourage continued contact after you begin to use your natural compounded hormones. We encourage you to keep a diary of how you are feeling, and to email us once or twice a month to let us know how you are doing AND to call or email us with questions.
To benefit from all our services and special offers, you will need to have your hormone prescriptions filled at the PIQUA Compounding Pharmacy. After your initial consultation, have your practitioner FAX your prescription to 937-773-0643. We will ship your therapy TO YOU! You do not have to drive to Piqua to pick up your therapy!
DON’T LIVE LOCALLY? FIND A DOCTOR IN YOUR AREA. Select “Find a BHRT Physician” in the menu at the top of the page the link takes you to.